Saturday 20 August 2011

1st post!

I can't believe I actually made a blog. I feel an undeserved sense of technical saavy. Well I guess I'll begin by explaining the name of the blog. It is an Indian idiom (How appropriate!) which refers to having a no care attitude/being yourself. I just thought it was too cool for school and thus a blog title was born.
For those of you who don't know I am spending a semester in Mysore India. I've already been here for almost a week and a half and I feel like I've lived here all my life. The area I'm living in has beautiful scenery, smells and people and while at times overwhelming this is already one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Highlights include but are not limited to:
-petting an elephant
-playing modified soccer with a group of school children
-traversing the streets via auto-rickshaw
-realizing that one can communicate surprisingly well with very limited knowledge of the language
-pretty much everything else
Well this will be a short blog since I have a scheduled skype date. Post again soon with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment